Doctor of Medicine, University of Lund 1984
Specialist in Orthopaedic Surgery 1991
Medicine Doctor (dissertation = PhD), August 1997, Umeå, Sweden
Associate Professor, February 1999, Umeå, Sweden
University Lecturer, November 1999, Umeå. Sweden
Professor in Sports Medicine, June 2002, Umeå, Sweden
Hon Senior Clinical Lecturer at Royal London Sports Medicine Course, Queen Marys Hospital, 2008
Honorary Professor of Sports Medicine, University College London Hospitals, 2008
Corresponding Fellowship Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine (Edinburg) 2014
Research areas: The chronic painful Achilles and patellar tendon, cartilage repair.
Main Tutor: 7 Dissertations related to sports medicine.
Publications: More than 150 articles in peer reviewed scientific journals.
- Clinical work-Alfredson Tendon Clinic Inc. Sweden, Pure Sports Medicine Inc. London, England.
- University work-Sports Medicine Unit, University of Umeå.
- Research UCLH, ISEH, London, England
- Wife, 2 children (boy 18 years, girl 16 years).
- General sports interest. Worked 9 years as responsible team Doctor for one of the top ice hockey teams in Sweden (Färjestad BK), and 4 years as Doctor for Swedish National Junior Hockey teams.
- Been active in multiple sports, mainly ice-hockey, kajak, tennis and golf (Hcp 6). Back injury in ice-hockey ended career.
- Now recreational sports and training 5 days/week.